Mission, Vision, and Core Values
“An education capable of saving humanity is no small undertaking; it involves the spiritual development of man, the enhancement of his value as an individual, and the preparation of young people to understand the times in which they live.” ~Maria Montessori, Education and Peace, p. 30
To provide beautiful Montessori environments,
where learning and work are integrated within a community experience
engaging intellectual, moral and social development of children and adolescents from birth to eighteen years.
Children and adolescents develop a strong sense of self, rooted in love for the environment and community, seamlessly transitioning from each stage of development through adulthood. They are equipped to thrive in changing times and prepared to contribute to community as stewards of peace and humanity.
We believe human beings construct themselves by interacting with their social, intellectual, and physical environments. Learners develop through structure and freedom while nurtured in an atmosphere of beauty and respect within our intentionally prepared learning environments.
- the individuality and potential of each child and adolescent
- the innate desire to learn and create
- interaction with the natural world and stewardship of the natural environment
- purposeful activity and meaningful work
- families engaged in their children’s learning and the school community
- upholding the standards of Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) with a scientific and developmental approach to the needs of humans
- continued personal and professional growth for all staff
- a culture of respect, creativity and independence
- collaborative work among children, adolescents and adults
- diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
- education for a just and peaceful world
Connect with Us!
We invite you to learn more about Hershey Montessori School.